Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Christmas Stocking and Two Quilts

I popped out of bed this morning, rolled up my sleeves and got started on a Christmas stocking for Lucas.  It's his first Christmas and I want him to have something special from me, his favorite grandma (LOL)!

I followed the tutorial that is on a blog, Sew Like My Mom.  It is a well written tutorial and very easy to follow.  I have never sewn anything other than quilts.  I could not believe that I had it completed in less than two hours.  I definitely enjoyed making it, and I didn't swear once!  I shed no blood, sweat or tears in the process.  I give this pattern/tutorial a big thumbs up!

And here is the finished stocking...


A holiday quilt for my daughter, Ms. K.  Vital statistics: 59 X 65 inches, a mix of fabrics.



A fun quilt for Lucas.  Vital statistics: 63 X 73 inches,  a mix of fabrics including some fabric from  Out of This World fabric line.


The second picture of Lucas' quilt shows the true color of the yellow fabric.  

All in all, I had a very productive day.  Even with making a Christmas stocking, washing quilts and wrapping packages, I managed to have time to go to the dentist for a semiannual cleaning.  I cannot wait to lay my head on my pillow tonight.

Quilt on,

Twinks









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!